Print Services, Digital UV Printing & Screen Printing Print Services, Digital UV Printing & Screen Printing
Quick Links for Aylesbury
History
Photo Tour
Directions
Villages
Estate Agents
Office Rental
Places of Worship
Public Houses
Restaurants
Societies, Clubs & Associations
Sports Centres
Education
Nursery
Primary
Secondary
University
Health Services
Doctors
Dentists
Chemists
Hospitals
Opticians
Chiropodists
Osteopaths
Local Services
Citizen's Advice
Libraries
Police
Post Offices
Recycling
Taxis'
Tourist Information
Sheltered Housing
Designed and Manufactured to fit your space
Recommend this page to a friend
Aylesbury

Aylesbury is the county town of Buckinghamshire and this can be traced back to the time when Henry VIII was King. Aylesbury was important in the English Civil War, and the MP at the time John Hampden was said to be partly responsible for refusing to pay Charles 1st his ship tax. At the Battle of Holman's Bridge in 1642 John Hampden was the leader of the defense of Aylesbury.

Initially Aylesbury was a small market town from the 13th century, which really began to expand in 1899 with the introduction and completion of the railway line. The line ran from Aylesbury to Manchester and encouraged the development of the town's industry. Small businesses and retailers increased in the town reflecting the growing prosperity and population. Local industries benefited in 1915 by the introduction of the generating works which provided them with the much needed electricity.

In a village within Aylesbury, Stoke Mandeville Hospital played an important role in World War II as part of the Emergency Medical Services. During this period industrial estates were also created for the first time, encouraging a vast amount of industrial growth in Aylesbury over a short period of time.

The Town remained mostly like a market town until the early 1960's when Aylesbury town centre was redeveloped. The Triangle became Friars Square Shopping Centre which was replaced during this time. The County Council building was also constructed in the 1960's. Market Square became pedestrianized in 1984 to protect the people from the growing number of cars in the town centre.

The population has doubled in size since this time, with the further development of new Housing Estates. The closure of the Cattle Market during the 1980's and the development of large office blocks reflects Aylesbury's dramatic change into a large and commercially successful town.

Supplying a wide range of reclaimed building materials to the trade/public
The Right Will Company - Don't leave it too late to make a will!
Largest range of cast iron chimineas available online